18 July 2008

The Travel Gods Speak Again!

I arrived safe at home last night after 36 hours of travel. I want to fly back to Gabs today. My mood is lightened a bit by the fact that I passed my permit test this morning and have driven all over town since, but I'd really like to drive back to Botswana.
I almost didn't get back into the country at the Toronto airport. The US customs official asked me for a notarized letter from my parents, proving that I wasn't a runaway. I didn't have one - I've never needed one in the past. I'm sure the fact that I look nothing like my passport photo didn't help my case, but after a few stressful minutes of him hemming and hawing over my story, he let me through. Luckily my plane was delayed, otherwise I would've missed it.
I'm off to experiment with some Indian recipes for dinner... For some reason, I have a sneaking suspicion that it just won't taste the same.

No comments: