06 May 2010

Weekend Trip - no forms necessary!

This weekend will be my first time travelling without a parent signature.
That's because I'm going to Madrid with my host mother, her parents, and her aunt, and we'll be staying not in Madrid capital but in a small town - a very small town - almost on the Extremaduran border where my host aunt lives.
It should be fun, although definitely distinct from any other trip: this one will be filled with family lunches, family bickering, and a definite lack of people my age. But I'm excited - I have met my host mother's twin sister once, and really liked her. She just built a house - which they have nicknamed "the mansion" - and regaled us with stories about the imbeciles of construction workers and how she had to whip them into shape.
So tomorrow after school I'm off on the AVE for the weekend...my last AVE trip. This is seriously sad.

No comments: