27 June 2010

Blueberry Season

While my dad took measurements to cover the blueberry bushes with netting, I realized that the little blue fruits were already ripe! My father and I quickly began picking into our mouths, but my hands outran my stomach and I brought home about 6 cups of blueberries picked off just a couple bushes. This cake was born.
Blueberry-Lemon Bundt Cake
generous 1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 - 3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
scant 1 cup water
2 tbsp lemon juice
zest of one lemon
1 tsp vinegar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups blueberries

1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF and lightly grease a bundt pan.
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients all at once and mix well. Fold in the blueberries and pour into pan.
3. Bake 25-30 minutes, until raised and golden.
4. Let cool in pan on a wire rack before unmolding. A lemon glaze would probably complement this nicely!

No comments: