14 July 2010

Hamburger Cupcakes


Apparently my pumpkin ice cream photos weren't very appetizing, so I apologize to those of you who I turned off by them - hopefully you'll get over my bad lighting and lack of skills and brave the world of frozen pumpkin goodness!
These cute little cupcakes (don't worry, they are vegan despite the name!) seemed like perfect bake sale fodder, and although I wasn't able to be present and don't know how well they sold, no one called me to come pick them back up.
I don't have a recipe exactly, so I'll call it a method instead...

Method for Hamburger Cupcakes

batter for 1 batch of vanilla cupcakes
sesame seeds
batter for 1/2 batch of chocolate cupcakes
frosting dyed red and yellow (if you have more time, you could do green as well)

1. Divide the batters into cupcake tins. Sprinkle the vanilla batter with sesame seeds.
2. Cook according to recipe directions.
3. Let cool on a tray. Once cool (actually let them cool though - if you are impatient like me, the icing will melt and they won't cut smoothly), cut all the cupcakes in half. Place half of a chocolate cupcake, topped with a generous squiggle of red and yellow icing (use a flat tip to make lettuce if you have green icing), between bottom and top vanilla cupcake halves.
4. Violá! Cute, simple hamburger cupcakes.

No comments: