04 June 2008

The House of a Friend

My wireless at MaP still isn't working. But tonight I am sleeping over at the house of my student "host", whose house I stayed at a week ago and who I am going to Ghanzi this weekend. Which conviently has wireless.
Tonight I tried a Botswanan meal called "samp". It is made of corn and beans and occasionally vegetables, spices, and meat. Obviously mine had no meat; it wasn't bad, but tasted EXACTLY the same as food that I'd had in Peru when the villagers in front of whose houses we were building a community.
Not much happened today; I had a marimba class during the class day, and marimbas as an SPE. In the SPE, our teacher taught us a song he'd written yesterday - one of two hundred which he has written (including at least four different parts with variations in each part) and memorized. He is truly a genius, with a fair dose of eccentricity which always seems to accompany such musical talent.
Such good tunes...they really stick in your head!

No comments: